Niamh Middleton Blog
The Widow’s Tale: How I Almost Lost My FaithRead more.
Religious Indoctrination Irish Style (Part 2)
If you read part 1 here’s part 2 So what exactly is religious indoctrination? Well first of all it’s importantRead more.
My Take on the Stephen Fry/Blasphemy Affair
I happened to see the controversial “Meaning of Life” programme in which Stephen Fry went on a rant about the natureRead more.
The Dual Face of Western Christianity: Is the Church of Jesus Christ Gradually Defeating the Roman Empire?
Please be aware that this is an opinion piece which takes an informed but personal view of the historical progressRead more.
For International Women’s Day: More Confessions Of a Politically Incorrect Feminist Theologian
As I explained in previous posts, the difficulties involved in being a feminist in a religious, patriarchal environment canRead more.
What We Can Learn From The Cologne Incident: Political Feminism Is Vindicated, and Religion is Highly Relevant to Culture
‘ The mass sexual assaults in Cologne by North African migrants have elicited criticisms of the relatively muted reactionRead more.
2015 in review
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2015 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: A San Francisco cableRead more.
It’s Not as Bad as You Think: Women in Catholicism
Source: It’s Not as Bad as You Think: Women in CatholicismRead more.
- The Widow’s Tale: How I Almost Lost My Faith 12th March 2018
- My Thoughts on the Mary McAleese Affair 12th March 2018
- Religious Indoctrination Irish Style (Part 2) 19th October 2017
- My Take on the Stephen Fry/Blasphemy Affair 6th May 2017
- The Dual Face of Western Christianity: Is the Church of Jesus Christ Gradually Defeating the Roman Empire? 11th January 2017